Monday 11 August 2008

Loving every minute of it...

I started and titled this post a long time ago... I was in between 2 great things - races. August 9th was an adventure race in Crowsnest Pass, August 17th a half-marathon in Edmonton. Now it's September... (the posting won't tell you this, so I will). It's not just the racing that I enjoy so much, it's everything the training gives me - excuses to get out there, motivation to hit the trails when I'd rather be sleeping, and generally better health. It gives me a better capacity to enjoy life - not just because I'm in better shape, but because I'm out and experiencing it more. Racing forces me to train longer distances than I'd like, bike steeper courses than I'm comfortable with, and get into the outdoors more. You know, I might forget I love it if I didn't have to do it... neither would I love it if I didn't have to do it. Racing in a body that isn't ready isn't so fun. So I began this post in the midst of these 2 things - both things that I wasn't ready for at the time I signed up... the moral of the story? Sometimes you just gotta do it... put your name to something that will make you work to be more of the person you want to be. Otherwise, you can forget who you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this blog sandra...you are a great inspiration to get out there and get going!! i am working towards a half marathon on Dec. 21st...wish me luck!